This is a story of the greatest manager or super manager, a love story, an inspirational story.
Every parent / guardian and all the children in the modern society should read this.
One young academically excellent person went to apply for a managerial position in a bi company.
He passed the first interview, director did the last interview, made the last decision.
The director discovered form the CV that the youth's academic achievements were excellent all the way, from the secondary school until the postgraduate research, never had a year when he did not score.
The director asked, "Did you obtain any scholarships in school?" the youth answered, "none."
The director asked, "Was it your father who paid for your school fees?"
The you answered, "My father passed away when I was one year old, it was my mother who paid for my school fees."
The director asked, "Where did your mother works?"
The youth answered, "my mother worked as clothes cleaner."
The director requested the youth to show his hands.
The youth showed a pair of hands that were smooth and perfect.
The director asked, "Have you ever helped your mother wash the clothes before?"
The youth answered, "Never, my mother always wanted me to study and read more books. Furthermore, my mother can was clothes faster than me."
The director said, "I have a request. When you go back today, go and clean your mother's hands, and then see me tomorrow morning."
The youth felt that his chance of landing the job was high.
When he went back, he happily requested his mother to let him clean her hands. His mother felt strange, happy but with mixed feelings, she showed her hands to the kid.
The youth cleaned his mother's hands slowly. His tear fell as he did that. It was the first time he noticed that his mother's hands were so wrinkled, and were so many bruises in her hands. Some bruises were so painful that his mother shivered when they were cleaned with water.
This was the first time that the youth realized that ...
1. It was this pair of hands that washed the clothes everyday to enable him to pay the school fees.
2. The bruises in the mother's hands were the price that the mother had to pay for his graduation, academic excellence and his future.
After finishing the cleaning of his mother's hands, the youth quietly washed all the remaining clothes for his mother.
That night, mother and son talked for a very long time.
Next morning, the youth went to the director's office.
The director noticed the tears in the youth's eyes, asked: "Can you tell me what have you done and learned yesterday in your house?"
The youth answered, "I cleaned my mother's hands and also finished all the remaining clothes."
The director asked, "please tell me your feelings."
Number 1, I know now what is appreciation. Without my mother, I would not be successful today.
Number 2, by working together and helping my mother, only now I realize how difficult and tough it is to get something done.
Number 3, I have come to appreciate the importance and value of family relationship.
The director said, "This is what I am looking for to be my Manager."
1. I want to recruit a person who can appreciate the help of others;
2. A person who knows the sufferings of others to get things done;
3. And a person who would not put money as his only goal in life.
The director said, "You are hired."
Later on, this young person worked very hard ...
1. and received the respect of his subordinates.
2. Every employee worked diligently and as a team.
3. The company's performance improved tremendously.
A child, who has been protected and habitually given whatever he wanted, would
1. develop "entitlement mentality" and would put himself first.
2. He would be ignorant of his parent's efforts.
3. When he starts works, he assumed that every person must listen to him, when he becomes a manager,
4. he would never know the sufferings of his employees and would always blame others.
The people who may be good academically
1. may be successful for a while, but eventually would not feel a sense of achievement.
2. They will grumble and be full of hatred and fight for more.
If we are like this kind of protective parents, are we really showing love or are we destroying the kid instead?
You can let your kid ...
1. live in a big house, eat good meal, learn piano, watch a big screen TV. But when you are cutting grass, please let then experience it. after a meal, let them wash their plates and bowl together with their brothers or sisters.
It is not because you do not have the money to hire a maid, but it is because ...
1. you want to be love them in the right way.
2. You want them to understand, no matter how rich their parents are, one day, their hair will grow gray, same as the mother of that young person.
The most important thing is your ...
1. kid learns how to appreciate the effort and
2. experience the difficulty
3. and learns the ability to work with others to get things done.
From: Reinhard Angeles
To: Bulaon Branch / Angeles Philippines Stake (members)
The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter Day Saints
Photo courtesy of modelmodels.blogspot.com